Sunday, June 29, 2008

UGG!

So I am obsessed with the "suede booties" pattern I found on ravelry. They look like little Ugg booties and they are pretty much the cutest thing ever! I have started making them for several friends who are preggers. I am a little frustrated with the sizing though. I am using Bernat Natural Bamboo because it is soooooooo soft! I made my gauge swatch and found I needed to use much smaller needles. I decreased to a 1-2 needle as determined by my swatch, and started the sole. It was HUGE! So I decreased down again to a 0-1, and tried again, it was still HUGE. Sooo, I am trying to modify the pattern by casting on fewer stitches and altering the increase pattern, but I am afraid that it is going to distort the shape. Any suggestions???

I am still working on the raglan cardigan, so that is why there are no pics yet. I am almost done with the body. It is coming out really good so far. The body is a little boring, but the rows aren't too long, so it is tolerable.

My next "big" project is the Apres Surf Hoodie by Connie Chang Chinchio. I ordered the yarn from knit picks today! YAY! I am going to use the Palette fingering weight yarn in sunlight. I thought the pretty pale yellow would make a perfect light summery pullover. I can't wait to get the yarn!

I have a couple other projects I need to work on. My friend has been asking for the Anthropologie-inspired caplet, well, 2 of them actually, black and cream. Since her birthday is in August, I think I will make them for her. They are pretty quick knits, so they will be easy. I have a lot more bootie and hat sets to make, but I am discouraged with the uggs pattern, so I have been avoiding it. I am going to write a girl version of the baby boy hat pattern when I get around to making them!

No comments: